Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Carly


My precious Jewel would have turned sweet 16 yesterday, February 13th. The pain of losing her is suddenly sharper. It's as if time has folded and brought me back to last year. We miss her so much. Words cannot adequately express how much.

I know Carly expected to live a long time and to (in her words), "get a life", but I also know that now she has tasted the sweetness of Heaven and is sitting at Jesus' feet right now (maybe playing the drums for Him) and as much as she loved all of us... she wouldn't want to come back. Not after being there and after Jesus wiped away all her tears and healed all her hurts.

This world is painful and we may walk around wounded and bruised but there is Hope. I have to look toward that. I know I will see Carly again... YAY! but until then... it still hurts.



"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Rev. 21:4



Mary

2 comments:

Carly Jewel's Mom said...

It's almost been one year since Carly passed. We will be remembering Carly and celebrating her life this Saturday, Feb. 16th, 2008.
If you can't come, light a candle for her. God Bless!
Mary

Anonymous said...

No. I figured it looks something like what I would have written to her on her 16th. and we probably would have gotten in trouble at city for hanging out too much. :-P


love you too!